Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy 2011 !

My good friend Alpha Cowboy just reminded me tonight that I pay almost NO attention to this BLOG! Well the reason for that is because I spend so much time on my MY___ blog, "Belabored Balderdash" that can be found by clicking HERE! What? Nothing happened?? Oh…that’s right…nothing will! Sorry about that!!

After 5 years I closed my My___ account on or bout January 3rd. So long Aquakitty! So long DJ Marilyn Thomas! So long Sandy! So long Fallen Angel!! I guess that’s the end! I posted several ways for my friends to contacted once I left but I never got any acknowledgment or feedback  and that's what the problem was over there! Barely anyone was still around!  Everyone abandoned My__ for the cold, industrial walls of FaceBook or the Twitopia of Twitter land. Hey… “Twitopia!” I got a new name for a new social network site! Hmm...it's probablt been used...anyway....

The last part of my final blog on My___ went something like this (for any of you who might be interested)



“…So this is where we are now and My___ feels like an old story that no one wants to hear for the hundredth time. It’s the forgotten board game collecting dust in the closet. The party’s at FaceBook for most folks and I don’t particularly care for the crowd!

I think I’m just burnt out on the whole Social networking thing. For me...it’s gotten old and I think I would like to focus more of my attention on interacting with REAL flesh and blood human beings...although that’s clearly no longer in vogue! But hey, maybe I can do my small part to try to bring that back!

So... as the late great Tom Snyder announced when he closed his website “Colortini” In 2005, “"The novelty of communicating this way has worn off."
And indeed the novelty of My___ AND FaceBook HAVE worn off!”



So lets all look forward to a new beginning here in 2011 at KieranBanksVogel.com!! If you haven’t visited here for a while you might want to browse around! I’ve completely revamped the Home Page and I’ve updated the Comics, Miscellaneous, and Roundy sections! I also fixed all the broken music links in the Other Interests section and on the introductory BLOG page. But so you don’t have to go hunt for them because they’re pretty well hidden. I’m talking about THIS and THIS (not like the My___ one HONEST! These really work!! )

It seemed like a shame to me to just delete all the bizarre little graphics I had created over the years on My__ so I created a NEW section here called “Photo Art” where I will be gradually uploading all tidbits of visual nonsense I salvaged from my defunct account!

OK…the snow is falling steadily here in the Pocono Mountains. On wicked nights like this the hot chocolate tastes more chocolaty and blankets are warmer and the creative juices flow unencumbered by the regrets and concerns that are better able to seep into a tortured mind on nights when the climate is less fierce. I’m not sure why that is but it’s true.

I’m off now to doodle, and write and snooze and doodle some more.

I’ll be back again VERY soon…I promise. Your comments, critiques and questions are always, are invited and welcomed . . .whether I know you or not! That’s right…even if I DO know you and we don’t like each other I invite you to comment!

TRA!


Return to KieranBanksVogel.com

6 comments:

  1. It's so nice for you to be back on blogspot. Twas getting lonely with you not here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with mrfist! i've been meaning to get back into my blog too.... but life always seems to take a turn.... by the way... took a look at your site! looks great! i was clicking all over all the pages trying to find the hidden links though! lol spent HOURS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, at least My____ annouced that they're up-for-sale after you bailed from them and they laidoff 50% of their workforce... way to kill them Dr. K!!! ;-)

    I'll still randomly follow yer mussings n doodles n what-nots-of-brilliance (or otherwise).

    -lance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see you blogging again.

    -zen

    ReplyDelete
  5. and you're still being a baby.

    -zen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does anyone post to this blog? It's a ghost town!

    ReplyDelete